In my most recent post, I mentioned an odd sound I happened to like...then I mentioned that was a topic for another post.
Soooooo...not wanting to disappoint, I decided to come up with 10 weird sounds I like. This isn't a top 10 list, because seriously, I'm not putting that much effort into it and would feel really bad if tomorrow morning as I drove to work, I thought of a BETTER sound.
Also, I'm qualifying this by saying they are weird sounds. This rules out all the standard stuff like your kids telling you how you are the greatest dad in the whole wide world...at least as far as their very limited experience has shown them and by the way could they have some money to go do something farther away from the world's greatest dad? So, that whole thing is ruled out...no sweet and loving sayings from the kids, or wife, for that matter. Dianne, I'm ruling you out! Besides, best wife in the whole wide world, once you read this list I'm quite certain you'll WANT to be left out.
Without further ado or fanfare, the list of the first 10 weird sounds I like:
(standard disclaimer: These are in no particular order)
- That strange clicking sound of the old film projectors. This revelation was the inspiration for this whole post!
- The sound of large diesel engines. I'd buy a big truck, with a big diesel engine just to hear this sound. However, I don't have the money, or good enough excuse to rationalize this purchase!
- The startup sound from the Nintendo Gamecube. I call it the "sound of fun." It's missing in the Wii, which is a bummer!
- Windchimes. OK, this isn't so weird, but if I didn't think people would look at me slightly askew, I'd so totally fill my yard, porch, bathroom, etc with windchimes. I already have quite a few.
- The winding sound in old spring driven clocks.
- The static and surface noise sound at the beginning of a vinyl LP.
- Those old toys that you'd turn upside down and then right side up and they'd "MOO."
- The screeching metal on metal sound that trains make as the wheels rub on the tracks and the couple rub against each other.
- Shuffling cards.
- The sound of a plane's wheels bouncing on the seams in the runway, followed by the silence as the plane lifts off. I love to fly!