I haven't actually fallen off the face of the earth - turns out the thing is technically a GLOBE, plus it has no face except in limited areas like Mount Rushmore (which you probably could fall off of). Additionally, as nearly every school child knows, only the moon has a face. Duh!
In any case, I'm resurfacing here briefly because I thought you'd all like to know that this weekend, I'm checking something off my bucket list - playing in Godspell!
- The original was created with the contemporary folk/rock music of 1970.
- It's sounding a little dated.
- Alex Lacamoire re-wrote the score, modernizing the sound while retaining all the classic melodies.
- Stephen Schwartz loves it.
- You can't get the rights for it.
- I really wanted to do this version (hence, BUCKET LIST)
- I wrote to Stephen Schwartz's office asking about it.
- Stephen Schwartz's office put me in contact with the composer and music director (Alex Lacamoire) of the 2001 Tour.
- Alex Lacamoire turns out to be a very personable guy!
- We work out a little deal, lawyers are briefly involved, money changes hands and he grants us the rights to use his score!
- Alex sends me his score in a big box from FedEX.
- This weekend we PERFORM it!
So, you see, it is really quite extraordinary and you really don't want to miss it! We have a great cast, a great crew, and some of my favorite local musicians making up a killer rock band! You may never get another chance to see this. Why miss it?
The performance is for three dates ONLY. When it's gone, it's gone.
Tonight, Friday July 15th, 2011 at 7:30 PM, tomorrow night, Saturday July 16th, 2011 at 7:30 PM, and Sunday afternoon, July 17th, 2011 at 2:00 PM.
The show will be at Christ Memorial Lutheran Church at 5252 S. Lindbergh Blvd. 63126 (the old Target Building in South County next to Ronnie's plaza!) Tickets range from $10-$20 and are available at the door. Tickets will be for sale starting 60 minutes prior to show time.
Complete information is available at www.cmpshows.org. Click on the links for "Godspell."
You can come see me in person, I'm the guy buried up to my neck in instruments, and find out what I've been up to!